Today I make a particular field bouquet. When making this arrangement, you should start with base: Choose something with an interesting shape and color. And then pick your flowers.
Spring is an exciting time for flowers! What types of fresh flowers work best for this field arrangement? See the list below for all the materials I used.
Techniques I utilized in this field bouquet:
- Make a supportive construction from chicken wire to drape the natural burlap fabric over.
- Brush the dianthus to make them more open
- Trim some leaves off the stems to make them clean
- Shape the chicken wire to make a round form
- Drape the burlap fabric over the chickenwire
- Tie the burlap fabric with thin iron wire at some places
- Remove too many leaves from the stems
- The bouquet I tied with Oasis rustic grapevine wire
Floral Design Techniques are the essential for floral design. A good understanding of the basics of the construction of floral design is crucial to the completion of an excellent design.
- Aquilegia flabellata Pink & White
- Astilbe japonica Europa
- Dianthus caryophyllus St.Cover Sport
- Dicentra spectabilis Valentine
- Gerbera mini Albino
- Gypsophila paniculata Million stars
- Hypernicum inodorum Magical Ivory
- Rosa grandiflora Glory Days!
- Rosa latin Pompon
- Rosa grandiflora Pride of Jane
- Papaver nudicaule
Non Botanical materials:
- Oasis rustic grapevine wire
- Natural burlap fabric, I used a burlap apple sack
- Chicken wire
Light colors pink and white greenish.
Have a wonderful bloomy week!
Enjoy this week’s video about how to make a freestyle ikebana arrangement below
If you love watching (flower) videos online, I will invite you to my YouTube channel. Tune in each week to Ikebana Beautiful to boost your creativity in the arts of flower arranging.
Make this arrangement yourself
Don’t wait for someone to bring you flowers. Make your own arrangement and decorate your own soul! Use flower arranging as your meditation. Your zen moment of the day.