Hello, Flower lover! I tell you about my idea of ‘kill your darlings’ in modern Ikebana flower arranging. Why is killing your darlings an important technique?
Sometimes you have to cut your favorite flower to make your arrangement more beautiful and expand her beauty. It is important to have self-knowledge for arranging flowers, you constantly learn and overcome difficulties.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
This ikebana can also be used as a Christmas flower arrangement.
“Kill your darlings” gives three main benefits to your flower work.
1) Your arrangement strengthens
2) It improves the overall quality of your flower art.
3) It purifies your self-discipline.
Used materials for this flower lesson ikebana arrangement
- Chaenomeles x superba (Japanese quince)
- Dianthus caryophyllus ‘St.Jodiet'
- Cryptomeria japonica cristata
- Ikebana scissors
– What's INSIDE my KENZAN TOOLBOX?!? – Essential ikebana tools
– My video on how to clean your kenzan:
More flower design tools equipment, tips, and instructions, such as kenzan, scissors, etc. you can find here:
Have you watched my other favorite #ikebana flowering tutorials? Check them out:
** Classic ikebana arrangement with crataegus Paul's Scarlet **
** Say it with leaves | Ikebana arrangement **
Thank you for watching!
// F O L L O W
// FILMED & EDITED BY DESIREE CASTELIJN
Disclaimer: All items have been purchased by me with my own money.
// M U S I C
Soft Acoustic Pickings
Joey Pecoraro – Partly Sunny